Industrial Hearing Loss Compensation
If you are looking to make an industrial hearing loss compensation claim, then call us now to find out how much your claim could be worth, and how we can help you. All industrial hearing claims will be different, but with us you are in safe and experienced hands as we have successfully claimed thousands for our clients.
Freephone for For No Win No Fee* Advice – Lines are open 24 hours a day, every day of week. Call us now to be connected to a specialist industrial hearing loss expert who will gather initial information from you in regards to assessing your industrial hearing loss claim.
Industrial Hearing Claims – How Much?
Below is a very rough guide to how much an industrial hearing loss claim could be worth. Please note that every compensation case that we deal with is different, but if you use our deafness solicitors then you should stand the best chance of receiving the maximum award possible under UK law when claiming for industrial deafness.
- Total industrial hearing loss with no hearing in either ear – £50,000 to £70,000
- Total hearing loss in just the one ear – £17,000 to £30,000
- Serious tinnitus and hearing loss – £8,000 to £15,000
- Minor hearing loss or minor tinnitus – £4,000 to £7,000
Guidelines for an Industrial Hearing Loss Claim
Please note that these are just guidelines based on previous cases of compensation for industrial hearing loss that we have helped to resolve. All compensation claims and the circumstances surrounding the hearing loss will be different depending on the claimant.
Essentially it comes down to the severity of the industrial hearing loss and what affect that has had on the person pursuing the industrial hearing loss claims. Hearing loss due to industrial noise can have a wide variety of impacts, from both ears, to tinnitus to a complete loss of hearing. Get in touch with our call centre now to speak to an advisor on what your next steps should be.
Compensation for Industrial Hearing Loss
If you have suffered with loss of hearing due to your current working environment or because of your previous occupation, then the first thing we advise you do is contact us to proceed with an industrial hearing loss compensation claim.
Our hearing loss experts have also compiled some a short guide below which can help people suffering from tinnitus and industrial hearing loss. We would also advise connecting up with the many support groups and charities that specialise in this field.
Tips for Hearing Loss with Home and Family
- Try to not to avoid friends and family because you can’t hear properly
- Do manage the environment that you are in to compensate for hearing loss
- Try to get closer to people when they are talking to you
- Look to eliminate distracting noise such as open windows, TV, radio
- Lay carpet down on hard floors as the noise won’t echo as much
Tips for Hearing Loss at Work and Industry
- Ask your employer to increase lighting so you can read facial expressions
- Ensure that your chair is not facing into the light
- If industrial hearing loss is just one ear, then re-position your chair
General Tips for Coping with Industrial Hearing Loss
Whilst industrial hearing loss compensation can help you spend money on the things that will let you adjust to life with industrial hearing loss, there are some other things you can do in everyday conversation to improve your quality of life.
- Try to watch the mouth and facial expressions of people you are talking to
- Pay close attention to what people are saying
- Learn about speech reading so you can pick up visual clues if needed
[youtube link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mauRYrPpWSM” width=”590″ height=”315″]
If you are successful in the industrial hearing loss claims process then you will need to pay for various hearing loss devices and aids. Remember to always keep up with regular visits for hearing tests, as industrial hearing loss can get worse over time. You might need to adjust the type of aids that you use – your solicitor will outline these guidelines further for people they work on an industrial hearing loss claim with.
Industrial Hearing Loss Compensation
Start the process now by calling our dedicated call centre which is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.