Road Traffic Accident Solicitors – Call Now a for Free Claim Assessment

The everyday usage of roads makes them susceptible to accidents, sometimes with very serious repercussions. An accident is defined as a ‘road traffic accident’ if it occurs on a road or in a place to which the public have access, including, for example, footpaths and walkways. The harm caused by road traffic accidents can be extremely damaging and often raise complex issues. These issues typically require technical legal guidance, and it is a good idea to instruct a lawyer who specialises in road traffic claims.

In line with FCA Regulations, you are entitled – if you fulfil the necessary criteria – to make a claim for injury arising from a motor accident in the UK to the Claims Portal. You do not need to instruct a solicitor and can submit a claim free of charge. Our panel solicitors will charge a fee for providing advice and submitting your claim. This fee may be up to 25% of the claim value plus VAT. We will be able to inform you in more detail when you enquire on 01252354433^.

Specialist Road Accident Solicitors

Solicitors at Accident Claims UK have years of experience providing road traffic accident claims guidance. Our road traffic accident solicitors are renowned as being leaders in their field and dedicated to helping UK residents get the best legal guidance possible and receive the maximum amount of personal injury compensation they are entitled to. If you or a loved one have been injured in a road traffic accident and looking for guidance from specialist road traffic accident solicitors, please get in touch with the experts at Accident Claims UK.

What do I do when involved in a traffic accident?

 A driver or victim of a road traffic accident should stop, regardless of who is responsible if:

  • Anyone is injured; or
  • Another vehicle or property is damaged; or
  • An animal in a vehicle or in the vicinity has been injured; or
  • Any part of public property has been damaged, for example a street lamp or bollard.

It is important for parties to be aware of their obligations in these situations. If you are required to stop for an accident, either directly or indirectly, then it is essential that you ask for the details of the other parties’ involved. The driver must give their name and address, the name and address of the owner of the vehicle (if the driver is not the owner), and the registration number of the vehicle. Details may also be taken for any parties injured in the incident or any parties whose property was damaged (for example, if a boundary fence was destroyed).

Additionally, the driver of the vehicles may also have to report the incident to the police within 24 hours of the accident. This is required when a driver has not given their name and address at the scene of the accident.

If there is only property damage and no injuries, the driver must give insurance details to anyone who may wish to make a claim against them. In all cases, drivers should inform their own insurance companies. If there is an injury to any party, the driver of the vehicle must product a valid insurance certificate. If they are unable to do so at the scene, then the certificate must be taken to a police station within seven days of the accident.

How do I know who is responsible for an accident?

Often it is clear which party is at fault. However, when it is not obvious, or liability is difficult to attribute, the general rule is that the driver of a vehicle that runs in to the back of another vehicle will be considered liable. However, there may be circumstances where this doesn’t apply, for example if the car in front has braked sharply or unexpectedly and there is no option to avoid them. If liability is to be disputed, specialist legal guidance from expert road traffic accident solicitors is invaluable in making sure the party responsible is held to account.

How do I know if the party who caused the accident was driving illegally?

Proving that a driver has been reckless or has driven dangerously will be dependent on the evidence available. Some examples of what constitutes driving illegally include:

  • Driving without a licence, tax, or insurance;
  • Driving a vehicle in an unsafe condition or without a valid MOT certificate;
  • Driving without due care and attention;
  • Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
  • Driving while using a mobile phone.

A driver who has driven illegally is not in a strong legal position to take action against any other parties involved. Conversely, these factors may be used by injured parties in their claim for compensation against the party who caused the accident and their injury. An experienced road traffic accident solicitor will be able to gather and present this evidence.

How much compensation will I be entitled to following a road traffic accident?

If you succeed in proving that the party who caused you injury owed you a duty of care that, when breached, resulted in your injury, then you will be entitled to compensation. The level of compensation that can be awarded will depend on the circumstances of your accident, and how this is presented during negotiations with an insurer or in court proceedings.

When deciding how much compensation to award for a personal injury suffered in a road traffic accident. The court will be instructed to take into account any pain and suffering you have endured as a result of your injuries. Also, any loss of income that the accident caused and the cost of repairs or medical treatment that were or will be incurred.

However, it is important to understand that any action on your part that contributed to the damage can have a detrimental impact on the award.

Expert Road Traffic Accident Solicitors

If you are involved in a road traffic accident, whether directly or indirectly, it is important to consult an experience road traffic accident solicitor, who will be able to assess your position and find out what is the most appropriate way forward for you. This will be the case whether you have suffered injury or damage to your property, provided the accident was caused by someone else’s negligence.

Accident Claims UK only ever partner with the best personal injury solicitors who have years of experience providing expert injury claims guidance. All of our road traffic accident solicitors have the highest qualifications, abide to the government’s regulations, and also (and quite importantly) put their clients at the heart of everything they do. If you’ve been involved in a road traffic accident and looking for a specialist road traffic solicitor who is committed to getting you the maximum amount of compensation possible, please contact us to see how we can help.

Contact Our Accident Claim Specialists Today

Call us on 01252354433^ to discuss your personal injury claim, or if you would like to contact Accident Claims UK online, please complete our enquiry form. We’re here to help.

Start Your Personal Injury Claim Today

Contact Our Claim Managers Now